This recipe needs no cooking and is my own Moroccan recipe. Many of these exist here and in Morocco we use what we have and do not worry about what we do not have. It needs some chopping so be careful. This salad is sweet and sour and delicious! I am an American lady who lives in Morocco and I wish I knew this recipe when I was younger. It all gets eaten in 1 day. This will serve 6-8 people.

2 425g cans of corn

1 chopped onion, minced

1/2 chopped green pepper (not a hot one!), minced

2 chopped tomatoes in small dice

Juice of 1 lemon or 1-2 Tbsp. vinegar

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat parsley, not the really curly kind

1/4 tsp. salt

2 tsp. sugar

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil

1/8 tsp. ground black pepper

2 tsp. sweet paprika, nice and red colored (ours is smoky as well though sweet)

1. Mix everything well together in a large bowl and place in the refridgerator a few hours or overnight is best.

2. Stir every once in a while when you remember to.

It does not get to sit overnight in my house though I try for it to every time! It is too good for us to wait. Lemon juice tastes best in this recipe but vinegar works fine and I have used vinegar when I don't have a lemon. If all you have is curly parsley you can use that too. Try to use a sweet onion but if it sits overnight the onion will get sweet in the salad. You can leave out what you don't like, I don't always have green peppers here and it is still very good without them.

This recipe was originally written for a children's charity cookbook. c.\2005

0 comments